Join Our Team
Employment & Internship Opportunities
At StableStrides, we are committed to a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment where all employees have the opportunity to be themselves and contribute in a positive way.
Hours: Non-exempt, Full-time Position, Monday-Friday and one Saturday per month, weekends and events, as needed.
Reports to: Adaptive Services Director
Salary Range: $14 – $16 per hour
Benefits: Paid Medical, Retirement, Holidays, Time Off, and optional employee paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D insuranceThe ideal Volunteer Coordinator is personable, energetic, positive, attentive, ambitious, and engaged. You must demonstrate a level of competency and understanding of the Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies industry, volunteer recruitment and scheduling, and database management. Responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organization’s purpose to the public.
A successful Volunteer Coordinator should be meticulous about keeping records and passionate about volunteer work. You should uphold the values of the organization while ensuring the comfort of our volunteers in their positions.
Top 5 Activities to Ensure Success
- StableStrides’ Programs are adequately staffed with the appropriate level of volunteer support.
- Develop a strategic recruitment plan and determine method and frequency of volunteer orientations and trainings.
- Volunteers report high levels of satisfaction with regard to StableStrides’ Volunteer Program. Goal – 80% of surveyed volunteers report high satisfaction
- Volunteer paperwork, records, and database entries are accurately and efficiently maintained. Goal – All volunteer paperwork is current and appropriately maintained.
- Maintain a positive and efficient working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to five years of volunteer recruitment and coordination
- High attention to detail
- Excellent people skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently or in a group
- Excellent computer skills with experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and preferred experience with Salesforce
- Oversee the daily operations of StableStrides’ Volunteer Program
- Recruiting, training, and supervising new volunteers
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database
- Using marketing tools such as outreach programs, emails, and volunteer databases
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities
- Matching volunteer to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training
- Organizing volunteer related trainings and leading on-the-job training as necessary
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers’ work
- Conduct regular evaluation of the volunteer programs to ensure success and quality
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with all departments and co-workers to ensure the organizations volunteer needs are fully supported
- Preparing, maintaining, and disseminating volunteer job descriptions, handbooks, codes of conduct, training materials, and operating procedures to uphold the organization’s values
- Coordinate special volunteer events and group service projects
- Ensuring the organization’s purpose is conveyed to the public
- Assist in classes when a substitute cannot be arranged
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Working with and around horses. Working with and around farm and ranch equipment. Physically able to get around on foot in an outdoor environment, such as outdoor arenas, corrals, and barns.
- Open office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Individuals interested in applying can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
***StableStrides is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All employment candidates may be subject to background screening, and may be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Current Internship Opportunities
Mental Health Internship
Information coming soon!
Equine Management Internship
- To establish a solid foundation in equine health and nutrition, to understand the therapeutic riding industry standards and how it pertains to horse care, and how to maintain a therapeutic riding stables.
- Click here for application and general information.
Equine Training Internship
- To establish a solid foundation in horsemanship skills, to understand therapeutic riding industry standards and how it pertains to horse training, and how to maintain a horse for a therapeutic riding stables.
- Click here for application and general information.
The StableStrides Instructor in Training Program provides mentored instructing hours to any qualified individual seeking their PATH Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor certification. Instructors in Training are given the opportunity to facilitate group therapeutic riding lessons in exchange for a donation of their time outside of teaching.
Benefits of Participating in Instructor in Training Program at StableStrides:
- All StableStrides instructors are PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructors.
- StableStrides holds classes six days a week, including evenings and Saturdays.
- All adaptive (therapeutic) riding classes are group classes.
- StableStrides equines are trained and physically maintained higher than PATH Intl. Standards.
- StableStrides offers a heated indoor arena and an outdoor arena.
- Lead volunteer support available alongside excellently trained volunteers.
- StableStrides clients range in age, ability and levels of experience.
- Riding lessons offered at a reduced cost to Instructors in Training.
- Free PATH CEU’s offered during StableStrides break weeks.
- Three onsite PATH Intl. Mentors available to mentor Instructor in Training.
Instructor in Training Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be familiar with and be able to pass the PATH Intl. CTRI Riding.
- Instruction Video Warm Up and Riding Pattern on a StableStrides therapy horse (*accommodation available*).
- Must demonstrate all knowledge outlined in the PATH Intl. CTRI Equine Management (CTRE) and Horsemanship Criteria Checklists (CTRH) – see CTRI Certification Criteria.
- Obtain a current IT letter from PATH Intl.
- Abide by PATH Intl. Code of Ethics.
- Maintain all PATH Intl. requirements during training process including but not limited to Adult & Child CPR/First Aid Certification.
For more information, contact Avery White, Adaptive Service Director, at 719-495-3908 or email@example.com.