Join Our Team
Employment & Internship Opportunities
At StableStrides, we are committed to a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment where all employees have the opportunity to be themselves and contribute in a positive way.
Current CAREER Opportunities:
Part-time clinical mental health therapist
StableStrides is seeking a part-time Clinical Mental Health Therapist. Experience in experiential, play animal assisted or recreational therapy is ideal. No horse experience is required. Immediate shift upon hiring is Saturday beginning at 8:00am at our Norris Penrose Event Center location in downtown Colorado Springs. Position growth includes groups for youth and adults later in this fiscal year. 5-12 hours expected per week, possibly split among multiple StableStrides locations surrounding Colorado Springs.
About the Position:
- Type: part-time, staff position
- Compensation: $35/hour
- Reports to: StableStrides Clinical Services Director
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, etc.
- Clinical License in Colorado required
- Effective communication skills, organized and takes initiative
- Strong commitment to quality client care
- Previous experience co-facilitating groups or working within teams of other professionals
- Previous experience in Experiential, Play, Recreational or Animal Assisted Therapy.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
StableStrides is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Current Internship Opportunities
Mental Health Internship
StableStrides partners with Universities both locally and nationally, to provide practicum and internship experiences for students in degree programs such as social work, professional counseling and marriage and family therapy. A few of our valued University partners are University of Denver, Naropa University, Colorado Christian University, Regis University, CSU Pueblo, Newman University, and UCCS. Practicum or internship placements here at StableStrides include facilitation experience in both group and individual equine assisted therapy services, at both of our locations near Colorado Springs. We accept both undergrad and graduate students, with multiple licensed therapists who supervise interns weekly. If you are interested in learning more about our unique learning opportunities, please contact Chester DeAngelis, Clinical Services Director, at email@example.com.
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION Internship
In partnership with Universities both locally and nationally, StableStrides provides internship experiences for students in degree programs such as public administration, nonprofit management, social work, and psychology. For students looking to affect change with an interest in mezzo and macro levels of social work, administration and management, or policy and planning, we provide the opportunity to learn in a diverse and unique healthcare organization. Interns practice developing and analyzing policy, evaluating services, developing programs, and creating administrative efficiencies for client care. If you are interested in learning more about our unique learning opportunities, please contact Chester DeAngelis, Clinical Services Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equine Management Internship
- To establish a solid foundation in equine health and nutrition, to understand the therapeutic riding industry standards and how it pertains to horse care, and how to maintain a therapeutic riding stables.
- Click here for application and general information.
Equine Training Internship
- To establish a solid foundation in horsemanship skills, to understand therapeutic riding industry standards and how it pertains to horse training, and how to maintain a horse for a therapeutic riding stables.
- Click here for application and general information.
The StableStrides Instructor in Training Program provides mentored instructing hours to any qualified individual seeking their PATH Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor certification. Instructors in Training are given the opportunity to facilitate group therapeutic riding lessons in exchange for a donation of their time outside of teaching.
Benefits of Participating in Instructor in Training Program at StableStrides:
- All StableStrides instructors are PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructors.
- StableStrides holds classes six days a week, including evenings and Saturdays.
- All adaptive (therapeutic) riding classes are group classes.
- StableStrides equines are trained and physically maintained higher than PATH Intl. Standards.
- StableStrides offers a heated indoor arena and an outdoor arena.
- Lead volunteer support available alongside excellently trained volunteers.
- StableStrides clients range in age, ability and levels of experience.
- Riding lessons offered at a reduced cost to Instructors in Training.
- Free PATH CEU’s offered during StableStrides break weeks.
- Three onsite PATH Intl. Mentors available to mentor Instructor in Training.
Instructor in Training Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be familiar with and be able to pass the PATH Intl. CTRI Riding.
- Instruction Video Warm Up and Riding Pattern on a StableStrides therapy horse (*accommodation available*).
- Must demonstrate all knowledge outlined in the PATH Intl. CTRI Equine Management (CTRE) and Horsemanship Criteria Checklists (CTRH) – see CTRI Certification Criteria.
- Obtain a current IT letter from PATH Intl.
- Abide by PATH Intl. Code of Ethics.
- Maintain all PATH Intl. requirements during training process including but not limited to Adult & Child CPR/First Aid Certification.
For more information, contact Avery White, Adaptive Service Director, at 719-495-3908 or email@example.com.