- This event has passed.
2022 PATH Intl. Equine Specialist in Mental Health & Learning Workshop
May 19, 2022 - May 22, 2022$625
Focus of Training:
- The specific role of the equine specialist when assisting or collaborating with human service providers
- Designing safe, mutually beneficial and effective activities to enhance participant outcomes
- Determining specific equine handling methods
- Understanding students with mental health and/or learning issues
- Assessing the equine’s response to student behaviors and needs
- To help prepare qualified participants to complete the PATH Intl. Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning Certification
Training is designed for:
- Individuals 21 years of age and older with a high school diploma or GED
- Equine professionals
- Therapeutic riding instructors looking to collaborate with mental health and education professionals to incorporate equine-facilitated mental health and/or equine-assisted learning sessions into center programing
- Those who wish to enhance their ability to work with mental health and education professionals and their clients
- Equine handling skills comparable to those described in the PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor criteria, Pony Club C or CHA Level 1.
- Familiarity with PATH Intl. Standards and Certified Professionals Code of Ethics.
Cost: $525 for workshop, $125 for Skills Test, $625 for both.
Includes the workshop manual, meals, snacks, and beverages.
Anyone interested in signing up or if you have questions, please email [email protected].